Having it be mothers day and realizing I haven't posted in a while I decided I would do the long overdue dedication to my MOTHER post. Hopefully I can post a little more regular this summer since I have 12 credits vs. 16.
K- kindly guiding
R- really pretty
I- is wise and happy
S- says funny words like "stoled."
T- tenderly cares for her children
E- eagerly sacrifices for family
N- never lets life get her down
My mom is the little one in the middle. She's always smiling it seems like. People always wonder why I have a smile on my face or am always happy, the truth is its something I've learned from my mom. No matter what happens in life my mom is pro at being happy and finding reasons to be happy. I'm thankful for this.
She knows how to have fun. I always talked about how adventure is close to my middle name. Truth is both my parents seem to have conquered this word. My mom always know how to make things fun.. and she doesn't even try. Mostly because she says things that aren't grammatically correct and she doesn't care.
GRATITUDE from siblings:
"She constantly amazes me."-Robyn
"She knows how to fix everything."- Colton
"She's a good cook when she cooks" -Annie
"I dunno."- Cody
And yes this may sound like a advertisement for my mom (and maybe it is..)..but really its not. Because then we'd have to show her not so glorious moments as well, but since its mothers day, we'll over-ride those for now.
I'm so thankful for:
1. How she always lets me make my own choices.
2. She kindly listens to my concerns, frustrations, and even calms me down in my tears.
3. The times shes comforted me in illness
4. The support she's given me in each choice I've made
5. The patience she has when I don't make the wisest choicest...normally ending up in my getting hurt.
like; broken wrist, heart, sprained ankles, black eyes, gross food, etc.
6. The way shes taught me to look at the bigger picture.
7. The way she listens to my dreams, and even helps me realize my potential
8. The many phone calls and emails she sent me when I'm so far away
9. Hearing her comforting voice.
10. They way she tells me to smile when all I want to do is frown.. which normally involes her poking my side and me trying my hardest to resist a smile.
Since obviously its hard for me to adequately express in words all she means to me here's a poem:
Mom, for all these years
I'm sure you've had
a heart full of hopes and dreams
and special longings of your own.
And you've always listened and shared
my dreams, my wishes, and my heartaches
as if they were the only ones in the world...
That takes a lot of love, Mom
I understand that now
and I hope you realize
how much I thank you...
how much I love you...
and how much I wish you happiness.
- Author Unknown.
I LOVE YOU MOM!!! WE LOVE YOU!!