Saturday, November 3

Dear Dad,

I was walking into the grociery store and was reminded of those times when I was younger and you would hold my hand as we entered the store. I wish more than ever that you could have been there to hold my hand today.. I really could have used it.

A lot has been going on lately. I've had to make a lot of tough decisions. Whenever I think of making tough decision I think of the one time we were on the phone and  I was telling you how  I was nervous to go to my first college English class. You told me how proud of me you were and that I would do just fine. You told me if you could you would be there with me, you always wished you finished school.

Sometimes I get really frustrated with my body and wish it could do all that it used to, like run 10 miles and still be able to function after. I imagine its how you felt sometimes after your accident. Thanks for teaching me to enjoy the simple things. I learned that sometimes our limitations teach us of our many opportunities and help us focus on what matters most.

I can't believe you've been gone for about 3 1/2 years. It seems unreal. A lot has changed since then. Though at the same time a lot has stayed the same. I can tell you that my love and appreciation for family has changed. I learned how much I need my family. I can tell you that maybe I've gotten a little taller.. though I'm sure you probably are saying "nice try." I can tell you that my love for you has gone deeper each year, month, day and minute.

Sometimes as the years go on I worry that its getting further and further away from the last time I saw you. I start to get sad and don't want time to go on. I know you wouldn't want me to worry though... you always said I worried too much. Despite the time that passes I'll never forget you dad. I love you and know you still love me.

Love, Daddy's little girl.

1 comment:

  1. I just want to give you a huge hug. Instead of it being longer since you're seen him, think of it as closer to when you will see him next. It's what helps me get by :) I love you!!

    ReplyDelete